According to the American Geriatrics Society, more than 80% of older adults are living with multiple health conditions. With each new health problem, things may become exponentially more complicated! A senior may see multiple doctors. There are many appointments to coordinate, and a confusing array of recommendations to follow.
Medication management is quite a challenge. Many seniors take 10 or more medications. This is super complicated because a drug prescribed for one health problem could worsen another.
Friends and loved ones are often called upon to help these elders. For many families, professional in-home care is the key to helping loved ones juggle multiple conditions.
Professional in-home caregivers support health management for seniors in the following ways:
- Help coordinate healthcare appointments
- Drive and accompany clients to medical appointments
- Pick up prescriptions and provide medical reminders
- Supervise exercise and other recommended activities
- Grocery shop and prepare healthy meals- accommodate special diets
- Provide housekeeping & laundry services
- Remove fall hazards
- Assist with bathing, dressing, grooming & toileting
- Professional home caregivers allow families to have greater peace of mind. Provide memory care supervision
While most seniors face major adjustments when transitioning to an elder-care community, Jewish seniors face additional challenges. Not only do they lose their homes, and many of their friends, but they also lose ties to their cultural heritage. This is where the Jewish Pavilion, a 501c3 non-profit, steps in. The Pavilion serves as a resource that provides room visits, festive holiday celebrations, and more to 450 Jewish residents in fifty facilities for seniors. The Jewish Pavilion promotes inclusion, and thousands of seniors of all faiths are welcomed into our programs. www.JewishPavilion.org
The Orlando Senior Help Desk (407-678-9363) helps thousands of callers navigate their way through the daunting senior maze, alleviating caregiver stress while giving advice on all types of elder issues. www.OrlandoSeniorHelpDesk.org
Nancy Ludin CEO Of the Jewish Pavilion